Specialist work boats based in Orkney.Roving Eye Enterprises operate a fleet that offers flexible accommodation depending upon the use our clients require. All craft are fully certified with the latest safety and navigation equipment.
Our high speed survey craft is the CTruk Advance, a jet propelled MPC built in 2010. Advance allows us to quickly transit large distances at speeds of up to 30knots; to Shetland, the West Coast of Scotland and farther, so greatly expanding our range. She is excellent for rapid crew transfer, thanks to a very comfortable well kitted out pod.
Depending on configuration she can carry 12 passengers and 2 crew, with up to three tonnes of cargo, or four tonnes of fuel transfer.
A minimal draught of less than a metre means shallow water access is effortless; coupled with responsive jet drives handling and position control are superb. She sails under the code of a category 2 work boat and can offer ROV and USBL systems over a wide radius. Our thanks to Ctruk Boats Ltd for the footage and excellent craft.
Find out more about the CTruk Advance and her current certification by downloading these articles in pdf format.
CTruk Advance Specification
CTruk Advance MCA Certification
Advance Insurance Document
1. CTruk Advance
2. Comfortable and safe accommodation in the rear pod
3. Roll Royce provide effortless jet control
4. CTruk Advance - Special Delivery by Road
5. CTruk Advance in her element
6. CTruk Advance MCA Class 2 workboat charter
Our primary work boat is the Lodesman. Originally commissioned by Trinity house, she was designed as a 24 hour all weather pilot boat. As a result, she is a very capable maneuverable vessel, able to work in the extreme environment of the Pentland Firth in safety and comfort. With sensible modification she has proved ideal for our needs with ROV support and survey purposes.
She sails under the code of a category 2 work boat. Her first contract was a series of ADCP and ROV surveys for the Marine Renewable Energy Industry.
Find out more about the Lodesman and her current certification by downloading these articles in pdf format.
Lodesman MCA Certification
Lodesman Insurance Document
1. MV Lodesman, foredeck with 5.5m reach crane
2. MV Lodesman, Engine Room, twin Gardner powerplants
3. MV Lodesman, maintenance at annual dry dock
4. MV Lodesman, ROV launch in moderate conditions
5. MV Lodesman, spacious foredeck well above sea level
6. MV Lodesman, flexible loading via crane
7. MV Lodesman, wheelhouse and navigation
8. MV Lodesman, ROV pilot station
9. MV Lodesman, comfortable rear saloon
10. MV Lodesman, Lower cabins berth 6
11. MV Lodesman, heavy seas through Yell Sound, Shetland
12. MV Lodesman, calmer waters
Our auxuiliary support craft is the fast work RIB, Live Wyre. Purchased to extend the capabilities of the Roving Eye fleet, this 8.2m RIB offers a useful 3m width for excellent work space and stability.
A 250hp diesel inboard engine offers power for all tasks, and gives a fast, comfortable ride even in difficult conditions.
1. Live Wyre, fast work RIB
2. Live Wyre, high definition Sonar showing SMS Markgraf in Gutter Sound, Scapa FLow
3. Live Wyre, fast work RIB
4. Live Wyre, fast work RIB
5. Live Wyre, despite her size, is able to relocate via road trailer
In addition to our main survey craft, you can view our supplementary insurance documentation by downloading these articles in pdf format.
Employers Liability Insurance
Live Wyre Insurance Certificate
ROV Insurance Certificate